- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or related field
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer supporting web applications in production
- Hands-on engineering and implementation knowledge in leading container orchestration and infrastructure management tools (Kubernetes, ECS).
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Packer, Ansible, Chef, Terraform or Puppet
- Well-versed with cloud providers (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS/EC2, IBM SoftLayer) and their technology offerings, enterprise integration points and APIs.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, or others)
- Advanced knowledge of the following is highly preferred: Agile methodologies, software development life cycle, Ruby on Rails, Pivotal Tracker, Git, and JIRA
- Design and implement security policies across the stack in compliance with PCI Data Security Standards
- Design, support, and troubleshoot production infrastructure in Google Cloud platform
- Design, test, and ultimately oversee implementation of a disaster recovery plan
- Influence decision making process to address issues that affect application uptime, security, performance or deployment schedules
- Help to ensure the engineering team continues to evolve and improve in everything we do, and how we do it
- Championing new technologies you believe in, and introducing them to the team